How to cook the perfect Beer Can Chicken on a Gas Grill? Your favorite Charlotte Realtor does more than just offer Real Estate services and advice!
Today, we’re going to offer some cooking tips!
Specifically, how to cook a perfect “Beer Can” chicken on a gas grill
What you’ll need:
- A whole Chicken
- A gas grill
- A can of beer.
- (favorite seasonings & olive oil)
How to cook perfect beer can chicken on a gas grill
Here are the easy to follow steps for the perfect beer can chicken on a gas grill!
- Pick your favorite can of beer and drink half of it. I mean, you can pour out half, but really?
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat, setting it up for indirect cooking. I have a 3-burner setup so I set the outside burners on and leave the middle off.
- Cram the beer can or can with beer/oil seasonings into the cavity of the whole chicken and plan on the indirect heat side of the grill.
- Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes. Check the temperature for 160-165F and continue to close lid and let cook in 10 minute increments until it reaches golden-brown and the right (safe) temperature. (I’ve had it take 45 minutes or 1.5 hours!)
- I remove the chicken from the grill with two tongs – one to lift the chicken and one to pull the can of BOILING HOT LIQUID out of the cavity! Be careful! It’s HOT!
There you go, the perfect beer can chicken on a gas grill!
The best results are in my humble opinion obtained when you reach an internal temperature of about 160f, remove from the heat and let sit on the cutting board for 5-10 minutes.
Then carve to serve and enjoy!
Mahool Nance Team
Helen Adams Realty