105 Point Marketing Plan
To Get Your House… SOLD!
Prior to Our Initial Consultation
- Research tax records to verify full and complete legal information including: owner’s full name, recorded square footage, annual tax bills, and other property information
- Lookup legal description
- Verify legal name(s) and owner(s) in county public property records
- Research ownership, sales, and mortgage history of the property
During Our Initial Consultation
- Meet with you to let you put a “face with the voice” and to make sure we’re comfortable with each other
- Take a tour of your house with you: including what you love (or don’t) about it, upgrades you have completed, and noting what improvements/staging need to be done when put on the market
- Obtain detailed information about the property to assist in analyzing property in today’s market
Prior to Our Second Consultation
- Research homes currently on the market that buyers will be looking at in addition to your home (Your “Competition”)
- Research homes that have recently gone under contract for sale in your area
- Research homes similar to your home that have recently sold (Your “Comparables”)
- Analyze the number of months inventory in your area and your neighborhood
- Analyze the price and condition of the homes that were successful in selling
- Analyze why other homes continue to stay on the market long-term
- Analyze homes that expired (did not sell) and consider why they were not successful
- Consider price per square foot of your competition
During Our Second Consultation
- Have a Conversation! I want to truly understand you and why you’re looking to move at this time, how quickly you need to move, and address any immediate concerns
- Obtain information that will help us prepare listing, advertising, and marketing materials. Questions will include: What type of improvements have you done to your home in the past five years? What other features of your home make it attractive to buyers? What do you think the home is worth? What did you love about this house to choose it? Remember, what you loved about the house and the area might be what the next owner is looking for too!
- Give you an educated overview of current market conditions
- Discuss your competition and how you compare
- Review recently pending or sold comparable properties
- Present to you a range of the market value of your home; Explore a method of pricing your property below comparable value to bring the most amount of buyers to you in the shortest amount of time
- Work cooperatively with you to determine a pricing strategy based on professional judgement and interpretation of current market conditions
- Prepare a detailed net proceeds analysis to determine approximately what you will receive or owe when the property closes. Included in this analysis will be cost associated with the sale included closing cost, prorated taxes, and commissions
- Work cooperatively with you to strategically price your home!
- Discuss your “Next Move” – Your purchase plans and determine how we can assist you in your next purchase (local, new home construction, investment, or relocation) or if we can assist you in finding a qualified agent in the US or Worldwide through LeadingRE and Allen Tate’s relocation department!
Let’s Get it Sold!
- Sign Listing Agreement putting ME to work for YOU! Review and explain all clauses of the Listing Agreement and Addendums
- Confirm lot size and dimensions from your copy of the property survey, if available
- Obtain copies of floor plans, if available and make available to agents via the multiple listing system
- Review current appraisal, if available
- Identify homeowner association, contact information and dues
- Verify if you have a transferable termite bond, contact information and annual cost
- Ascertain need for a lead based paint disclosure
- If property is rented, obtain copies of all leases, rent rolls, P&L history; coordinate with you to inform tenants of listing and how showings will be handled
- Prepare showing instructions for buyer’s agents and agree on showing time windows that are acceptable to you
- Complete a detailed checklist of the features and benefits of your home to be used for internet data entry and marketing
- Obtain and verify accurate methods of contacting you
- Obtain one set of keys
- Explain the use of the mandatory Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement, Mineral, Oil and Gas Rights Disclosure, and Lead Based Paint Disclosure (if applicable)
- Provide you with signed copies of Listing Agreement & all other listing paperwork
- Provide you with recommendations for vendors and contractors as needed (i.e. painters, flooring, home organizers, home stagers, etc.)
Prior to Putting on Market
- Place an attractive For Sale sign in yard with a “Coming Soon” rider to build excitement for the release of your listing while you prepare it for market
- Market your “Coming Soon” on social media.
- Provide you with home showing guidelines to help have the home prepared for appointments (i.e. lighting, soft music, etc.)
- Take high definition, full color professional photographs of the exterior and interior of your home to be used on the internet, flyers and other advertising
- Create a video of your home
- Install a Supra Lockbox that is electronically monitored and will allow buyers and their agent to view your home conveniently but does not compromise your family’s security
Ready…Set…Go – You Are On the Market!
- Enter property data from Profile Sheet into the MLS
- Write remarks in the Showingtime system specifying how you want your property to be shown
- Submit digital photos of the interior and exterior of your home to the MLS
- Proofread MLS database listing for accuracy – including proper placement in mapping function and what you loved about the house!
- Provide you a copy of the MLS printout so you, too, can proof and request changes
- Shoot informal “Walk Thru” video and post to social media!
- Your house will automatically be available on the AllenTate.com and Realtor.com sites as well!
- Submit Home Warranty application for conveyance at time of sale.
- Offer a Broker’s Open House during the weekdays, if applicable, to promote your property to local Realtors® and their customers, to maximize showings
- Hold Weekend Mega Open Houses (as applicable) to promote your house to interested buyers – or neighbors who may know someone who wants to move to the neighborhood!
- Create, order, and mail Just Listed Postcards around your neighborhood to promote the value of your home over others on the market.
- Prepare Full Color “Home Marketing Book”, to be placed in your home for buyers & buyer’s agents to reference home features, area map, plat/lot map, floor plan (if available), tax information, disclosures, and other possible buyer benefits. This helps makes your home stand apart in the buyers’ minds long after they have left your property.
- Review feedback from Realtors® after all showings through Showingtime
- Place a rider in your yard with a toll-free number that buyers can text for instant property information. When they text for information, I am sent a text message with the prospects phone number. I will promptly follow up on all these calls and see if I can get the buyer into your home.
- “Weekly Contact Guarantee” – Place regular weekly update calls or emails to you to discuss all showings, feedbacks, marketing, market conditions, and pricing.
- Notify you immediately of any offers, potential offers, or needs.
- Upload your virtual tour to our Youtube channel: JonPatrick – Realtor
- Blog on the features of your home and include a link to the youtube video on YourNewHomeCharlotte.com
- We will market your home on all the major social networking sites including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Resubmit your home on Craigslist on a weekly basis
- Provide you with detailed Internet traffic reports from the main internet sites such as Realtor.com
- Help you to prepare the Homeowner’s Information Sheet and a “Love Our House” book you leave on a table for buyers to see when they tour! This is a 3-ring binder with a typed form with water, trash, recycling, electric, cable, internet providers & contact information, trash and recycling day pickups, and all the owner’s manuals and warranty informations! (Buyers LOVE this!)
- Prepare a financing sheet with several financing plans to educate buyers on methods to purchase your home.
- Follow up with all the agents who have shown your home with a personal phone call to answer questions they may have indicated on their showing feedback
- Prepare a monthly market analysis update of any activity in your neighborhood (i.e.: new homes on the market, homes that have sold etc) to keep you informed about key market conditions within your area. Create a “Market Report” report that will be sent to you periodically (you can determine the schedule) that graphically illustrates what is currently happening with homes available, pending, or sold. This report is generated using your property’s address as the point of reference.
- Pre-qualify all buyers whom our agents will bring to your home before showings to avoid wasting your time with unqualified showings and buyers. Discuss qualifications of prospective buyers to help determine buyer motivation, ability to purchase and probability of closing on the sale.
- Handle paperwork if price adjustment needed.
- Change price in all marketing and internet sites
- Act as your “Buffer” – taking all calls to screen for qualified buyers and protect you from curiosity seekers.
Negotiation and Closing
- Receive and review all Offers to Purchase contracts submitted by buyers or buyers’ Agents to determine best negotiation position.
- Contact buyers’ agents to review buyer’s qualifications and discuss offer
- Request copy Pre-Approval letter on buyer for each offer
- Counsel you on offers. Explain merits and weakness of each component of each offer
- Negotiate highest price and best terms for you and your situation.
- Prepare and convey any counteroffers, acceptance or amendments to buyer’s agent
- When an Offer to Purchase Contract is accepted and signed by you, deliver signed offer to buyer’s agent. Congrats! You’re Under Contract!
- Change status in MLS to “Under Contract – (Show/NoShow)”
- Coordinate buyer’s professional home inspection, wood destroying insect inspection, or any other inspections requested with you
- Contact Buyers Agent or Buyer to ensure processing is on track
- Relay final approval of buyer’s loan application to you
- Review home inspector’s report and Buyer’s Request for Repairs
- Assist you with identifying and negotiating with trustworthy contractors to perform any required & agreed-to repairs
- Provide comparable sales used in market pricing to Appraiser (if applicable)
- Follow-Up On Appraisal
- Coordinate closing process with buyer’s agent, closing attorney, and lender
- Ensure all parties have all forms and information needed to close the sale
- Confirm closing date and time and notify all parties
- Assist in solving any title problems (boundary disputes, easements, etc)
- Work with buyer’s agent in scheduling and conducting buyer’s Final Walk-Thru prior to closing
- Receive and carefully review closing figures on HUD statement to ensure accuracy of preparation
- Provide “Home Owners Warranty” for availability at closing
- Review all closing documents carefully for errors
- Coordinate closing with your next purchase and resolve any timing problems
- Attend your closing
- Arrange possession and transfer of home (keys, warranties, garage door openers, community pool keys, mail box keys, educate new owners of garbage days/recycling, mail procedures etc.).
- Goal: Have a “no surprises” closing!
- Change MLS listing status to Sold. Enter sale date and price, selling broker and agent’s ID numbers, etc.
- Help you relocate locally, nationally, or internationally and to help insure you have the highest quality agent to help you on both sides of your move to make it worry and stress free.
- Finally, to earn your Written Testimonial and have you as a Raving Fan! One who enthusiastically would refer their Parents, Family, or Friends to me!